The Green Hydrogen Organisation (GH2) is a global non-profit foundation working to accelerate the production and use of green hydrogen. Through its multi-stakeholder approach, GH2 convenes regional alliances to bring together governments, industry and civil society to share good practices and policies that will support the growth of global green hydrogen markets.
To realise the potential for green hydrogen production and use in the Asia and Pacific region, GH2 is initiating an alliance of government, industry, finance and civil society leaders, with a focus on sustainable green hydrogen production and use in emerging markets.
To support this effort, GH2 is seeking a part-time consultant based in Jakarta to contribute to the promoting investments in sustainable green hydrogen production and use in emerging markets in the Asia Pacific region.
The work is expected to take on average approx. 3 days per week, for the period January –December 2024, with some busier periods expected.
Scope of work
- Support the activities of the Green Hydrogen Organisation in Asia, including the establishment of the Asia Green Hydrogen Centre in Jakarta, outreach to members and supporters and events.
- Facilitate outreach and policy engagement with key government ministries and stakeholders in emerging markets in Asia Pacific, focusing primarily on sustainable production and use of green hydrogen in Indonesia.
- Conduct policy analysis to identify key domestic market opportunities for green hydrogen produced in Indonesia, accompanied by policy recommendations on issues including legislation, permitting, fiscal terms, incentives, land use, infrastructure access, and socio-economic impact.
- Identify financing needs and opportunities for green hydrogen projects in emerging markets, and contribute to developing innovative financing solutions to reduce investment risks in emerging economies.
- Establish partnerships with development finance institutions to secure funding commitments for flagship projects.
The consultancy is expected to be completed within the period January – December 2024, with the possibility of extension based on project needs.
The consultant shall be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. The assignment combines remote work with in-person engagement with Jakarta-based stakeholders. The consultant may be invited to contribute to and participate in person events in the region, in which case GH2 will seek to cover costs related to travel and participation.
- A passion for fighting climate change and making the energy transition happen globally and in the Asia and Pacific region.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa is required.
Qualifications and Expertise
- Relevant advanced university degree, ideally within development, economics or finance. Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in a relevant subject is highly desirable.
- Experience with the energy industry and policy in Asia Pacific region is required.
- Experience working with governments on policy and public administration is required.
- Experience with renewable energy markets and industry in emerging economies is highly desirable.
- Experience working in an international environment and liaising with government representatives, development partners, renewable energy industry and civil society actors is an advantage.
Together with the GH2 team, the consultant is expected to deliver:
- Successful outreach, alliance membership and new partnerships with key government and industry players in the region.
- Establishment of Asia Green Hydrogen Centre in Jakarta.
- Policy analysis on key domestic market opportunities for green hydrogen produced in Indonesia.
- Policy briefs and recommendations on issues including legislation, permitting, fiscal terms, incentives, land use, infrastructure access, and socio-economic impact.
- Roundtable on sustainable green hydrogen production and workshops on key policy recommendations to put them into action.
- Mapping of financing needs and opportunities for green hydrogen projects in emerging markets.
- Organise series of webinars on innovative financing solutions to reduce investment risks in emerging economies, together with GH2 experts.
- Partnerships with development finance institutions committed to funding flagship projects.
Evaluation and Selection Criteria
Consultants will be evaluated based on their experience, qualifications and cost-effectiveness.
Interested consultants should submit their expression of interest outlining relevant experience and financial proposals at earliest convenience to Ines Marques (email@example.com). Proposals will be considered on a rolling basis.