1. The documents of GH2 are public, except as otherwise provided below.
2. Documents disclosed to GH2 on any matter concerning operational and/or business matters, which for competition reasons are important to keep secret in the interests of the person whom the information concerns, are exempted from access.
For example, a business secret would normally be exempted if disclosure has the potential of influencing the competitive position of the company in question.
3. Documents revealing information received from a third party are exempted from access if disclosure is likely to influence legitimate interests of that third party.
For example, access to documents will not be granted if the personal security of the third party and/or his family and/or any person closely connected to the third party in question may be endangered. Further, the protection of personal privacy will also qualify as legitimate interest and thus be exempted.
4. GH2 internal working documents are exempted from access.
For example, documents from GH2 to the GH2 Board and its Committees are normally considered internal documents and thus exempted. This exception applies if GH2, during its preparation of a matter to the GH2 Board, has prepared or commissioned an analysis or a report or the similar from an external source. In contrast, final minutes from the GH2 Board meetings as well as committees and working group meetings are not internal documents. E-mails between GH2 colleagues are normally considered to be internal working documents.
5. Personal information related to staff of GH2 is exempted from access.
For example, documents on evaluations made in connection with recruitment and dismissal, and/or documents regarding assessments of staff performance and/or personal information about for example staff members’ health are exempted from access. On the other hand, all contracts, salaries, compensation, and expense accounting are public.