GH2 and Agency for New and Renewable Energy Research and Technology (ANERT), Kerala are partnering under a green hydrogen accelerator programme in India focused on key actions and innovation to help scale up green hydrogen production and use in Kerala.
- Policy Implementation: ANERT and GH2 work together to support the partnership in implementing Kerala’s ambitious green hydrogen policies aligned with global good practices. GH2 will support ANERT in establishing an enabling environment for green hydrogen production and use, such as the Green Hydrogen Charter and Good Green Hydrogen Contracting.
- Regulatory Framework: ANERT supports GH2 in the development and roll out of green hydrogen certification and standards, aligned with international standards, and tailored to meet the requirements of the Indian market and expectations from investors and citizens.
- Assessment: GH2 will work together with the government to test whether Kerala has an enabling environment in place, like electricity, renewables, or water policy, using its Rapid Assessment Tool (RAT).
- Financing: Both parties jointly work to catalyse investments in green hydrogen projects in India, by bringing together government, industry, and financial institutions in the India GH2 Financing Taskforce.
- Skills Development: GH2 will help in the development of Skills Framework by coordinating with various Academic, Training and Skill Qualification bodies to help build Capacity for the State of Kerala. This will help in creating a strong Standardised Skill Registry for the evolving the Green Hydrogen industry and propel Kerala as a front runner in this space.
- GH2 and ANERT will cooperate to engage organisations in India to host dialogues, networking events, discussions, and research on green hydrogen.